We continue our “Summer Series” for our weekly Sunday morning #SpiritChat conversations with our guest - Leia Cator. The topic will be “Celebration Awakenings”. I hope you will join Leia and me on Sunday June 23rd at 9am ET in #SpiritChat on twitter. Thank you.
There is a dance I do every morning with the dawn. We sit together, celebrate the new day and watch the sunrise. A golden hour where I say prayers of gratitude, plan my day. Breathe in the quiet and the unspeakable beauty of the morning. The colors are astounding and teach me how lucky I am to be alive. Most mornings, I take hundreds of photos and share them on Twitter and on my blog. My art is life-affirming, rejuvenating, and I hope inspirational. I have done this as often as I can over the past seven years. The ritual helps me to shine and celebrate what is and what can be. My vision is to better create and share my gifts with aloha.
- Robert Frost wrote, “I am not a teacher, but an awakener.” What does spiritual awakening mean to you?
- Should an awakening be celebrated or kept private?
- Do you think an awakening is born of sorrow or joy?
- Is an awakening gradual or spontaneous?
- My celebration awakenings are manifested in the sunrise. Is there something in nature that helps you celebrate?
- Who do you consider a creative visionary and why?
- Lao Tzu said, “From wonder into wonder existence opens.” Describe wonder.
- Must we let go of something in order for our spirit to gain an awakening?
- Eden Philpotts wrote the universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for us to discover. What would you like to discover?
Leia Cator (USA) was born under the lucky Honolulu moon and raised in the Waikiki surf. A rare cancer diagnosis galvanized her desire to spend each moment celebrating life with aloha. That was 20 years ago.
A lifelong writer and budding photographer, her work intends to motivate, educate, and inspire the world. In her spare time, she rides a Harley, tries for the Springsteen pit, and catches the sunrise every morning off the back lanai of her home in Asheville, North Carolina. For Leia, life is a celebration of passionate colors…
Connect with Leia on her blog titled, Daily Celebrations!